Profile: The Hollywoodian is perhaps one of the most misrepresented beards in the world. Gaining popularity from 70’s films like cult classic ‘The Deer Hunter’, the Hollywoodian is an interesting break from a full beard. The defining characteristic is a clear separation between the sideburns and the rest of the beard. If your hollywoodian has connecting sideburns you don’t have a Hollywoodian.
That being said, there are variants of the Holywoodian. But the most stylish involves a sculpted slope along the jaw line.
Considerable alternatives: Short Boxed Beard
- Grow Your Beard. For this style you will need a few weeks’ worth of beard growth. 10mm minimum.
- Check your profile. Press down lightly on your chin with the arch of your palm to clearly see your jaw line
- Trim the margins. Clean shave 35mm above your jaw line between your moustache and ear. If you can’t find your moustache line – smile. It will appear straight away. Don’t miss your cheeks. If you are using a razor check out our clean shave guide to prepare for this step.
- Mirror Repeat. Clean shave the other side of your face keeping the design symmetrical.
- (Optional)Trim the collar. Clean shave 10mm below your jaw and chin profile.
- (Optional)Trim the edges of your soul patch to sharpen contrast
- Symmetry Check. Look at your beard. Tailor and tighten the edges.
- Wash your face with cold water to tighten your pores.
- (optional) Apply a moisturising cream or after shave cream to your skin.